In a world where making money online is an attractive prospect, online surveys have become a popular choice for those looking to earn a little extra cash. But, before you dive headfirst into the world of online surveys, it’s important to understand that while it is possible to make money, it takes time and effort. In this blog post, we’ll explore the ins and outs of online surveys, so you can get an idea of whether you are willing to invest your time in this!
- Set Realistic Expectations: Making substantial money from online surveys is unlikely and it’s definitely not a get-rich-quick scheme. It can add some extra £s to your bank account, but it won’t replace your day job. At the time of writing this blog we’ve just had half term so I’ve had a little more time on my hands but with 3 survey platforms alone I’ve made around £35. This required a fair bit of time and effort. I probably invested around 10 hours doing this, so when you break it down it’s a lot less than minimum wage; but I’m not losing out on money I could earn elsewhere as I tend to do the surveys early morning or late at night so they don’t impact on my family life.
- Time Investment: Online surveys are best suited for individuals who have some spare time. It’s not something you can do in a rush or without giving it your full attention. I tend to choose the surveys that take around 5-15 minutes so that I can fit them in as and when. Eg putting the kettle on and making a cup of tea could be a 5 minute survey. Drinking the tea could be a 10 minute survey!
- Consistency Pays Off: You may not see significant returns right away, but consistently doing the surveys can lead to a steady stream of income over time. I have set myself targets depending on the platform. On Attapoll my goal is £10 per week. On Branded Surveys my goals is 30 surveys per week as that unlocks a little more money and on Qmee I just do as and when.
- Choose Legitimate Survey Platforms: There are many scams out there, so I’ve invested some time and effort in finding platforms that work. My main criteria for finding suitable survey platforms are (1) low payout (2) quick payout (3) no spend. Attapoll , Branded Surveys and Qmee meet those 3 criteria.
- Tips for Maximising Earnings: Filling in all the profile questions will enable the survey platforms to better match you to surveys so that you aren’t disqualified so much. I find early morning is a good time to check. I find I’m doing Attapoll on my phone and Branded Surveys and Qmee on my laptop, so that means I can do them on the go too! I’ve not checked if Branded Surveys and Qmee can be downloaded as apps.
- Be Prepared for Screening Questions: Be prepared for screening questions, as most surveys have them to ensure you’re a good fit for that particular survey (eg you may be 36, married and living in the south east but they’ve already had 20 similar responders and are now looking for 40 year old single men living in the north west). Disqualifications can be frustrating but are a common part of the process.
- Cash Out : Most surveys have a PayPal option or gift card option. I’ve found PayPal is pretty quick so I’ll be continuing with that. Setting up a PayPal account is quick and easy to do.
- Conclusion: Online surveys can be a viable way to make a little extra money in your spare time but require time and effort. Join me on my journey to make £250 by Christmas 2023
- Join now! Attapoll , Branded Surveys and Qmee.
- Disclaimer: if you sign up using my links above I may receive a small affiliate fee at no extra cost to you.
- Cheeky side note: if you earn lots of extra cash through this, feel free to buy me a coffee!! PayPal.me/relaxwithkath
Earning as at 29 October 2023: £103.14 (plus £18.07 in affiliate fees)